Croatian loves to celebrate. An overview of Croatian festivals in 2019, including music festivals, art, dance, film, food, literary and theatre.
- Music Festivals in Croatia
- Croatian Food and Wine Festivals
- Film Festivals in Croatia
- Croatian Festivals of Dance
- Literary Festivals in Croatia
- Croatian Theatre Festivals
- Croatian Festivals of Music Art
- Sea Star Festival 2019, Umag – May 24-25, 2019
- Spring Break Island 2019 – Pag Island, May 30-June 23, 2019
- INmusic Festival 2019 – Zagreb, June 24-26, 2019
- Hideout Festival 2019 – Pag, July 1-5, 2019
- Loveweek Festival 2019 – Pag Island, July 1-8, 2019
- Love International 2019 – Tisno, July 3-10, 2019
- Hard Island 2019 – Zrće Beach, July 7-11, 2019
- Hospitality On The Beach 2019 – Tisno, July 11-15, 2019
- Ultra Europe 2019 – Split, July 12-14, 2019
- Fresh Island Festival – Pag Island, July 15-17, 2019
- Area 4 Festival 2019 – Novalja, July 16-19, 2019
- Seasplash Festival 2019 – Pula, July 18-21, 2019
- Applebum: The Beach Beyond 2019 – Tisno, July 18-22, 2019
- SunceBeat 2019 – Tisno, July 24-31, 2019
- Momento Demento (Mo:Dem) 2019 – Primišlje, August 5-11, 2019
- Defected Croatia 2019 – Tisno, August 8-13, 2019
- Moondance Festival 2019 – Trogir, August 8-10, 2019
MembrainFestival 2019 – Šibenik, August 8-10, 2019
- Barrakud Croatia 2019 – Zrće, August 11-15, 2019
- Sonus Festival 2019 – Pag Island, August 18-22, 2019
- Dekmantel Selectors 2019 – Tisno, August 22-26, 2019
- Dimensions 2019 – Pula, August 29-September 3, 2019
- Outlook Festival 2019 – Pula, September 4-8, 2019
So where are the very best music festivals in Croatia? With so many to choose from, you are sure to find one for your own taste and budget. But for a look at the very best on offer, here are ten of the best for Summer 2019.
SONUS Music Festival
This five-night techno fest is hosted by three of the country’s most renowned clubs. The Aquarius, Calypso, and Papaya will provide you with beverages, beaches, and bass to party the night, and day, away. In addition, there are boat parties. Here you can whisk you to the open waters of the Adriatic for your festivities as well. All you need for the ultimate summer beach party.
Fresh Island Music Festival
Those of you more into hip-hop, R&B, and urban track should check out Fresh Island Festival. Held on the island of Pag, this secluded yet huge gathering brings together the best-known and upcoming acts of the genres.
Held in mid-July, world-renowned performers will bring you shows of a lifetime. They pack as much punch as possible into this three-day festival, so come prepared to party day and night.
Hideout Festival is Croatia’s hottest electronic festival and one of the best music festivals in Croatia all-round. Headliners in June 2019 will include Charlotte De Witte, Alan FitzPatrick, Artwork, Andrea Oliva Bicep DJ and Disciples.
Whether you want to throw down at the pool, the beach, or on a boat sailing on the Adriatic Sea. Be prepared for five days and nights of unstoppable fun, food, scenery, and of course, electronic music.
Ultra Europe Music Festival
Fedde Legrand, Nikky Romero, and Oliver Heldens will headline this three-day EDM fest. With superior stages and effects, Ultra Europe rises above and beyond when it comes to putting on a show. Ultra will be held from July 12 through 14, 2019 in Split’s Poljud Stadium. This festival has grown so much over the past few years that the reach of influence is incredible. People from all over the globe flock here for the best three days of EDM you can fathom.
Spring Break Croatia 2019 looks to be even bigger and better than the last. The Spring Break party is hosted by two of Croatia’s biggest clubs, Aquarius and Kalypso. The event is famous for its huge beach parties, insane boat party and of course the heavy hitting international DJ’s blasting their finest tracks all night long.
Outlook Music Festival
Imagine four days and nights of bass-thumping, heart-pounding bass music at Fort Punta Christo just outside of Pula. There
So, if you want to relax on the beach to a variety of jazz, house, or other varieties of music while experiencing one of the best music festivals in Croatia, this is the place to be this summer. If you’d rather take a secluded party boat out with your favourite DJ, however, you can make that happen here as well. Cap off your summer with the party of a lifetime at Dimensions.
Award-winning musicians like Queens of the Stone Age, the Kills, and Alice in Chains are just a few major bands who’ve performed at INmusic before. Every June, thousands descend upon Croatia’s largest open-air festival held on Youth Island. This unique venue is an island in the middle of Lake Jarun in the country’s capital of Zagreb. The festival specializes in all-around loved music and is sure to be a hit.
BARRAKUD Music Festival
BARRAKUD is a techno music extravaganza meant to bring people together. Set on Zrće Beach, this midsummer festival wants you to be able to experience each band in their own right. Therefore, there is just one stage where everyone will enjoy each techno masterpiece together.
A brilliant group of performers will take the rave easily through the night. So, prepare your energy drinks and stock up on sleep now, because BARRAKUD is known to keep the party going all… night… long.
Black Sheep Festival At Zrće Beach
The Black Sheep Festival was hugely successful in its first year in 2016 and again in 2017 and 2018. It looks to be even bigger and better for 2019. Black Sheep Festival will bring together a host of the world best
If you haven’t already booked your flights, accommodation, or the all-important airport to Novalja transfers the time is now.
The Love International Festival
The Love International Festival (from July 3 to 10, 2019) features amazing, underground DJs and producers. The vibes and beats will bring a unique sound to the coast while still retaining its laid-back vibe.
The festival location is within walking distance from Tisno town
Suncebeat commenced way back in 2010. And has thrived since its beginnings on the beautiful Dalmatian coast. This lively festival will provide you with a unique festival experience and has somewhat of a carnival feel. It will keep you entertained with its progressive music and chic party-goers.
The Suncebeat festival runs from July 24 to 31 and will showcase the world’s best international DJ’s, some of which include Kerri Chandler, David Morales and Kenny Dope.
After many years of living in Croatia, I have come to the conclusion that is something grows, then Croatians will create a festival to celebrate it. The number of food festivals, and their sheer diversity, is fascinating.
Never tried ice cream made from lavender or fava beans (yes, really!)? Or savoured a dormouse kebab? You really haven’t lived.
There are far too many food festivals to list here, but I did try and bring out the best in this article, 25 things to know about food festivals in Croatia.
There literally have a festival for everything. Paprika and chestnuts, peaches and sausage. Make sure you check with the local tourist board where you are on holiday, because the chances are you are in for a treat.
Wine is a huge part of everyday life in Croatia, and locals need little excuse to celebrate it. With 130 indigenous varieties, including the original Zinfandel, the Croatian wine scene is really exciting. You can check the Total Croatia wine overview in a page before Total Croatia Wine portal can take you further. Below you can find a list of the main wine festivals and fairs in Croatia:
- 25 FPS Festival
- Animafest Zagreb
- Avvantura Film Festival
- Arab film festival in Zagreb
- Brač Film Festival
- Children’s Rights Festival
- Croatian Amateur Film Festival
- Croatian Children’s Film Festival
- Film Days in Croatia
- Croatian one-minute film festival
- Days of Christian Culture
- DOKUart – International Festival of Documentary Film
- DokuMA Film Festival
- DORF – Festival of Documentary Rock Film
- DUFF – Children and youth film festival of Mediterranean countries
- Đakovo cuts
- ETNOFILm – Ethnographic Film Festival
- European Film Days
- Fantastic Zagreb Film Festival
- Fast&Short – Croatian Short Films Revue
- Festival novih – International documentary film festival
- Festival Of Tolerance – JFF Zagreb
- Film Mutations: Festival of Invisible Cinema
- Human Rights Film Festival
- International Children’s Film Showcase
- International Archaeology Film Festival – MFAF
- KIKI – International film festival for children
- KinoKino – International Film Festival for Children
- Kinookus Food Film Festival
- Liburnia Film Festival
- Mediterranean Film Festival Split
- Motovun Film Festival
- One Take Film Festival
- Opuzen Film Festival
- Pasman Island Film Nights
- Poreč Dox
- Postira Seaside Film Festival
- Požega Film Week
- PSSST! Silent Film Festival
- Pula Film Festival
- Religious Film Festival Trsat
- SEFF – Emerald Eco Film Festival
- Seize this Day with Me!
- Split Film Festival – International Festival of New Film
- Star Film Fest
- STIFF – Student International Film Festival
- Subversive Film Festival
- Supertoon International animation festival
- Tabor Film Festival
- Trash Film Festival
- Underwater Film Festival White Lion
- VAFI & RAFI – International Children and Youth Animation Film Festival
- Video Days – Lovely Days
- Vox Feminae Festival
- Vukovar Film Festival – Danube region film festival
- Youth Film Festival and Four River Film Festival
- Zagreb Film Festival
- Dance Inn
- Karlovac Dance Festival
- Contemporary Dance Week
- Improspekcije 2019., International Improvisation Festival
MONOPLAY– Contemporary Dance Festival
- Festival of Dance and Non-Verbal Theatre Svetvinčenat
- Interliber, Zagreb
- Josip Pupačić Week, Omiš
- Children’s Book Festival
- Days of Marija Jurić Zagorka
- Days of Antun Gustav Matoš
- Week of Kajkavian Culture
- Days of Science Fiction – SFeraKon
- World Literature Festival
Croatian Theatre Festivals
- Gavella Evenings, Zagreb
- Review of Puppet Theatres, Rijeka
- International Small Theatre Festival, Zagreb
- Meeting of Puppet Theatres of Croatia
- Krleža Days, Osijek
- Marulić Days, Split
- Split Summer
- International Children’s Festival, Šibenik
- Zadar Theatre Summer
- Dubrovnik Summer Festival
- Days of Laughter, Vukovar
- Olib Summer Festival
- Actor’s Festival, Krapina
- Theatre Festival “Actors in Zagvozd”
- International Puppet Theatre Festival PIF
- “Fadil Hadžić” Days of Satire, Zagreb
- International Theatre Festival PUF, Pula
- Miroslav Krleža Festival
- Last Minute Open Jazz Festival
- Amadeus Fest
- 25. Jazz Fair, Čakovec
- Organ Festival “Petar Nakić”, Rab
- International Festival JazzTime, Rijeka
- Karlovac Piano festival
- Jazz festival Jazzica, Bjelovar
- Lubenice Evenings, Cres
- Hvar Summer Events
- Makarska Cultural Summer
- Samobor jazz Festival
- JazZima, Split
- Organ Festival Ars Organi Sisciae, Sisak
- Osor Music Evenings
- Zagreb International blues festival
- Music Biennale Zagreb
- Chansonfest, Opatija
- Brod Music Summer, Slavonski Brod
- Grič Evenings, Zagreb
- Varaždin Baroque Evenings
- Donat Music Evenings, Zadar
- Liburnia Jazz Festival , Lovran
- St. Mark’s Festival, Zagreb
- Rovinj Spring Jazz
- Jazz in Lapidarij, Poreč